Paradise Lost France
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Le deal à ne pas rater :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

Vous n'êtes pas connecté. Connectez-vous ou enregistrez-vous

Greg Mackintosh interview pour Metal.it

+4
Samael
scratch197
Lorelai
Embla
8 participants

Aller en bas  Message [Page 1 sur 1]

1Greg Mackintosh interview pour Metal.it Empty Greg Mackintosh interview pour Metal.it Jeu 21 Avr 2011, 12:25 pm

Embla

Voici une interview exclusive avec Greg, que j'ai fait avec l'aide précieuse de leur manager, Vicky.

Lien à la page du webzine, en italien:

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

et les réponses de Greg en anglais que j'ai reçu par e-mail:

(profitez de l'interview, mais s'il vous plaît respectez les droits d'auteur sur le matériel, je vous remercie!)

1- Why exactly did you choose to honour Draconian Times, when albums like Gothic or Icon are just as relevant to the genre and the fans?
It came about in a roundabout way. Sony acquired the rights to Drac Times and wanted tondo a re-release. Rather than it be just another re-release we wanted to make it more special seeing as it would happen regardless.So it wasn't a question of honouring a specific album.

2- The DT tour seemed rather 'strategically planned', still one might feel that some other European countries missed out! How come you did three shows in Greece and not one in your hometown or thereabouts, for example (or even in Italy!) ?
I wasn't too keen on doing a Drac Times tour as I was rather cynical about the reasons for doing it. So it was kept to a few select shows. Two things changed my mind about the relevance of this tour. One was after hearing the re-master and realising how fresh the album sounded,and the other was the feedback from fans who really wanted this tour to happen.In hindsight it would have made more sense to do 1 show in every major city but because it was so few shows it kind of makes it more special in a way.

3- Any comments regarding this minitour? Are you happy with the overall feedback from the fans?
More than happy.I actually couldn't believe the response. I talked to people who hadn't been to a metal concert in 15 years and told me they came because the album was a defining moment in their lives. Comments like that are immensely humbling and really make it all worth while.

4- Speaking of the DT reissue from a technical point of view, what did you want to achieve with the remaster and the 5.1 remix? Did any of you have an active role in the studio with Jens Bogren?
We didn't have an active role in the remaster and I don't even own a 5.1 system,but Jens was a big fan of the album at the time and we had faith in him to do a good job. I saw a review that said they couldn't hear a difference with the remaster. Personally I think there is a significant difference considering it isn't a remix. The drum sound in particular seems way less dated.

5- Nick said he doesn't remember writing this album (weird!) and reading the linear notes, it seems that the making of this record was quite peculiar (ouija boards, pranks, swanky studios...!). Did the end result meet your expectations and is there anything you would want to change/re-do?
I never really regret anything as it's a pretty useless emotion. There are things about every record that I wouldn't do the same given the chance again but that's not really a good thing. Music and art in general should be of it's time. It's one of the things that makes it special. The recording was a mad time but amazingly it turned out great in spite of all that.

6- How did you find out about Holly Warburton back then and did you already have the extra artwork you used for this reissue or did she come up with new material upon your request?
Holly had done some book covers we liked but as far as we knew she hadn't done album art. She was and is a very talented albeit slightly eccentric artist. She did an amazing job with the artwork in my opinion. The re-issue uses a mixture of previously unused art from the time and new creations by Holly.

7- We know you've filmed a DVD during the London show of this tour, can you anticipate anything regarding its contents/packaging? When is it supposed to come out?
The DVD will have one DVD of live material from the London show and one DVD of candid,private footage mostly filmed by our bass player Steve at rehearsals,backstage and other stuff surrounding the Drac Times shows. I've seen some of his early edits and it looks great. It is slated to be released September time I believe.

8- Have you already started to work on the new album? When is it likely to be released and can you tell us what kind of sounds/themes we can expect?
(I wonder if some fans still "fear" a return to Host's sonorities!!)

Myself and Nick have just started putting ideas together. Its too early to say what direction it will be in or whether doing the Drac shows will influence the outcome. We are supposed to start recording in September/ October for a possible early 2012 release. I'm sure some fans fear the Host thing but never say never.

9- You've already celebrated 20 years of activity, with fellow bands My Dying Bride and Anathema, now you've celebrated DT's anniversary... How do you feel about your carreer/achievements so far and how do you see the band's future?
We are very proud of our career and even more so that we always did our own thing regardless of popular trends. As far as the future goes,I hate looking ahead,it's too scary,but suffice to say I think we will still create music as long as what we are doing seems relevant.

Lorelai

Lorelai
Admin

C'est un très bon interview et on y apprend des choses intéressantes! Merci!! Very Happy

https://paradiselost.forum-nation.com

scratch197

scratch197

Merci beaucoup!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Samael

Excellente interview merci de l'avoir partagée avec nous !

hostlost

hostlost

merci beaucoup pour ces news !!!
vivement le dvd même si d'abord y'a le hellfest pi l'été pour bronzer Cool ....

onesecond

onesecond

hostlost a écrit:merci beaucoup pour ces news !!!
vivement le dvd même si d'abord y'a le hellfest pi l'été pour bronzer Cool ....

t'as pas besoin dis donc, on etait tous blanc comme des culs à coté de toi le 3 !!!

Kirhel

Kirhel

Merci pour cette interview, Embla ; elle est en effet très intéressante... Surprised

Forever Vlad

Forever Vlad

Embla a écrit:3- Any comments regarding this minitour? Are you happy with the overall feedback from the fans?
More than happy.I actually couldn't believe the response. I talked to people who hadn't been to a metal concert in 15 years and told me they came because the album was a defining moment in their lives. Comments like that are immensely humbling and really make it all worth while.
Je suis content qu'il apprécie le retour qu'il y a eu de la part des fans. Car ce n'est pas trop dans le genre du Mr que de s'extasier de manière générale!

Embla a écrit:7- We know you've filmed a DVD during the London show of this tour, can you anticipate anything regarding its contents/packaging? When is it supposed to come out?
The DVD will have one DVD of live material from the London show and one DVD of candid,private footage mostly filmed by our bass player Steve at rehearsals,backstage and other stuff surrounding the Drac Times shows. I've seen some of his early edits and it looks great. It is slated to be released September time I believe.
On va peut-être nous voir dans les bonus!!

Embla a écrit:8- Have you already started to work on the new album? When is it likely to be released and can you tell us what kind of sounds/themes we can expect?
(I wonder if some fans still "fear" a return to Host's sonorities!!)

Myself and Nick have just started putting ideas together. Its too early to say what direction it will be in or whether doing the Drac shows will influence the outcome. We are supposed to start recording in September/ October for a possible early 2012 release. I'm sure some fans fear the Host thing but never say never.
Je suis content de lire qu'un retour à Host est possible, car cela montre qu'ils ne se sont pas enfermés dans une voie prédéterminée. Ils peuvent toujours prendre des risques, et j'attends ça avec impatience!

Embla a écrit:9- You've already celebrated 20 years of activity, with fellow bands My Dying Bride and Anathema, now you've celebrated DT's anniversary... How do you feel about your carreer/achievements so far and how do you see the band's future?
We are very proud of our career and even more so that we always did our own thing regardless of popular trends. As far as the future goes,I hate looking ahead,it's too scary,but suffice to say I think we will still create music as long as what we are doing seems relevant.
Ils peuvent être fiers car peu de groupes ont eu autant de cran et d'audace pour se moquer de l'avis du public. C'est ce qu'on appelle l'intégrité!

Merci pour cette interview!!!

http://www.psychopathia-melomania.com/

Contenu sponsorisé

Revenir en haut  Message [Page 1 sur 1]